Navigation: Home › Lifestyle ›
Best Mattress Australia 2021
Best mattress to buy in Australia (February 2021)
VOQ reviews the best mattresses in Australia: Check out the top choice of the best mattresses
Which new mattresses are available in 2021 and how do you know which is the best mattress in Australia?
At VOQ we have reviewed the latest releases of mattresses and conclude that the mattress by Tontine is one of the best mattresses in 2021.
Which mattress is a good alternative and how do the mattresses compare to one another? Look at the following list of the best-selling mattresses for a detailed review of the different brands and their benefits.
With this mattress comparision you can see all mattresses at a glance and buy the best mattress online.
Review of the best mattresses in Australia
In our top list, we consider only the best mattress brands
Tontine T6116 Comfortech Quilted Waterproof Mattress
- Waterproof Mattress Protector: Extend the life of your mattress by adding extra softness…
- Best Mattress Protection: The best mattress protectors are waterproof to stop accidental…
- Added Softness and Comfort: This mattress protector features a cotton cover and premium…
LUXDREAM Mattress Topper 8cm Thick High Density Cool
- Ultra Soft - Made from 4cm memory foam+4cm high density foam, it is providing complete…
- Superior Material - Knitted Bamboo Cover protects you from bacteria, mold and dust…
- Customized Design - This gel memory foam softly contours to the curves of your body…
SUV Air Mattress Camping Beds, Inflatable Thickened
- FITS FOR MOST VEHICLES & SCENESThis portable inflatable mattress with 6 separate…
- COMFORTABLE MATERIALThis SUV air mattress features a double-sided comfortable material.…
- EASY TO INFLATE/DEFLATEEquipped an electric air pump and 3 kinds of Inflate funnels…
Trekology UL Inflatable Sleeping Pad, Camping Mat for
- Brand new design - grab yours today! New curvature design that embraces your body…
- REST WELL TONIGHT, ADVENTURE TOMORROW: Stay warm and comfortable from cold, wet,…
- SUPER EASY to INFLATE and DEFLATE with our enlarged air valve: Blow air to your desired…
Giselle Queen Mattress Topper Pillowtop 1000GSM Microfibre
- SOFT & COMFORTABLE: 5cm thick mattress topper filled with 1000gsm microfibre…
- KEEP IT WARM & SECURE: Square stitching for always preventing down feathers penetrating…
- ALL-ROUND PROTECTION: 100% polyester shell with double-stitched edges for retaining…
Affiliate link: We are a participant of the Amazon Associates Program. If you buy a product through this link we might earn a small commission from Amazon at no extra charge for you.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
It’s always worth taking the time and effort to find the best mattress. Considering how much time we spend sleeping,
it makes sense to buy the best quality mattress that you afford, as the mattress you used will have a notable effect on other
parts of your life.
Of course, finding the right mattress can be very challenging, which is where this buying guide can help!
A short explanation: What are mattresses?
A mattress is a core component of a bed, being the soft rectangular pad that sits inside of the frame or on top of a
Made from various materials and fillings, a mattress offers support and comfort
when we sleep, while there are several size options to suit different needs.
This includes single, double, queen- and king-sized mattresses.
What are the benefits of good mattresses
A high quality mattress is a worthwhile investment for anyone. Without the right support or comfort, a mattress makes sleeping much more difficult so can cause fatigue, while it may even exacerbate current aches and pains around the body.
For example, an old lumpy mattress can cause serious back issues, highlighting the importance of replacing a mattress at least
every ten years. Similarly, mattresses are exposed to sweat, dust, and bacteria that make them less hygienic while possibly
causing allergy problems!
So, buying the best mattress for your needs is always worthwhile. You’ll sleep better so feel well-rested!
How to choose the best mattress in 2021?
Choosing the best mattress is challenging because there are so many factors to think about first! Here are some
of the things you should consider when looking for a new mattress:
- Spring or Foam: Spring mattresses are the most popular and offer good core support, while you can also choose different types of springs and tension suit your preferences. For example, a pocket spring is long-lasting so suitable for frequent use.
Foam mattresses have differing levels of density but are typically softer than spring mattress, while they are
a good choice for slated and adjustable beds. These mattresses are also good for people with allergies and back issues, offering the best support.
- Spring Tension: When choosing a spring mattress, you should think about the tension,
with softer tension being suitable for people that weigh less. Medium tension is usually a good choice for most, with enough support for people weighing between 8-16 stone.
- Sleep Position: How you sleep influences what type of mattress is best for your body. For example, side
sleepers should choose a softer spring to avoid pressure building on hip and shoulder joints, while front sleepers should look for more support to ensure the spine remains in the right position. Back sleepers need to find the right balance of tension, with the goal being to avoid a gap around the lower back.
Which type of mattresses are available to buy in Australia?
Here are some of the main types of mattresses available to buy:
- Spring Interior Mattress: Features metal springs that are sewn into the
upholstery that offer support; this is the most popular type of mattress sold. Things like the spring thickness, number of
coils and position of coils will influence the tension and general feel of the mattress.
- Foam Mattress: Made from several layers of foam materials,
foam mattresses are known to provide a lot more support than spring mattress as they mould around the body. Different levels of density are available to provide various comfort and support options.