Ad As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
What is the best shampoo?
Which new shampoos are available in 2021 and how do you know which is the best shampoo?
At VOQ we have reviewed the latest releases of shampoos and conclude that the shampoo by Garnier is one of the best shampoos in 2021.
Which shampoo is a good alternative and how do the shampoos compare to one another? Look at the following list of the best-selling shampoos for a detailed review of the different brands and their benefits.
With this shampoo comparision you can see all shampoos at a glance and buy the best shampoo online.
Ranking of the best shampoos (May 2021)
In our top list, we consider only the best shampoo brands
shampoo buying guide
Do you want to buy a good shampoo? This is all you need to know.
Looking for a new shampoo and aren’t sure what is best for your hair? Finding the best shampoo can be challenging,
especially if you’re unsure of what to look for. With countless ingredients, fragrances, and hair types to consider,
finding the right shampoo for your hair isn’t as easy as you might think!
Check the guide below for all the info you need to find a great shampoo for your hair:
A short explanation: What are shampoos?
Shampoo is a haircare product that cleanses and nourishes the hair. Typically sold in a gel form, shampoo is applied
to wet hair and massaged into the scalp and hair before being rinsed. A great shampoo helps to clean and maintain healthy hair.
What are the benefits of good shampoos
A good shampoo properly cleans and nourishes the hair, helping it to look and feel much better.
After using shampoo, hair tends to look fresher and more vibrant, having removed excess dirt and oil while providing
valuable nutrients to the hair.
Shampoos can also help with hair and scalp problems such as dandruff, while it’s also helpful for
maintaining colour in dyed hair.
How to choose the best shampoo in 2021?
Struggling to find the best shampoo for your hair? It’s a tough ask, as there are quite a few things you need to
think about to make sure that you buy a shampoo that is right for your hair.
Here are some tips for choosing the right shampoo:
- Hair Type: Easily the most important thing to consider before buying a shampoo is your hair type. Simply put, always buy a shampoo that is designed for your hair type, whether that’s dry hair, thin hair, curly hair, dyed hair.
For instance, if you have highlights in your hair then be sure to buy a colour-treated shampoo, while dry and
damaged shampoos are good if your hair is sensitive. There are shampoos available for most hair types, so knowing your
hair type is very useful when buying a shampoo.
- Ingredients: The types of ingredients that shampoo uses impacts how effective it is.
Natural ingredients are typically the best all-round ingredients, helping to clean and nourish hair without stripping it of vital nutrients.
Certain chemicals should be avoided as they can do more damage than good. For example, sulfate can cause hair to dry and become brittle, especially if you have sensitive hair or a sensitive scalp. Always double-check an ingredient that you aren’t familiar with to see if it should be avoided!
Which type of shampoos are available to buy?
There are lots of different shampoos available to buy - buy which is best for your hair? Check below for all the main shampoo types and what they offer:
- Everyday Shampoo: A standard shampoo for daily use, not too powerful but does clean the hair.
It’s mild enough to be used daily without damaging the hair, which is best-suited for people that wash their hair frequently.
- Deep Cleansing Shampoo: Also called clarifying shampoo, this type is more focused on cleansing the hair, so
often contain heavier surfactants. Suitable for people that use lots of product or wash infrequently, so it shouldn’t be used too often or it will damage the hair.
- Volumizing Shampoo: Perfect for people with thin hair, volumizing shampoo contains ingredients designed to add volume,
mainly by creating friction towards the roots.
- Coloured Hair Shampoo: Helps to protect hair dye, maintaining the vibrancy long after you get it dyed. Typically contains colour boosters to avoid the hair dye fading too quickly.
- Dry & Damaged Shampoo: As the name suggests, this shampoo is suitable for dry and/or damaged hair.
Usually features much more sensitive ingredients to avoid further damage, helping to gently cleanse and protect brittle hair.
- Oily Hair Shampoo: Suitable for people with oily hair, the key ingredients in this shampoo are
designed to efficiently remove sebum, which is responsible for oily.