Navigation: Home › Lifestyle ›
Best Mattress UK 2021
Best mattress to buy in the UK (February 2021)
VOQ reviews the best mattresses in the UK: Check out the top choice of the best mattresses
Which new mattresses are available in 2021 and how do you know which is the best mattress in the UK?
At VOQ we have reviewed the latest releases of mattresses and conclude that the mattress by Starlight Beds is one of the best mattresses in 2021.
Which mattress is a good alternative and how do the mattresses compare to one another? Look at the following list of the best-selling mattresses for a detailed review of the different brands and their benefits.
With this mattress comparision you can see all mattresses at a glance and buy the best mattress online.
Review of the best mattresses in the UK
In our top list, we consider only the best mattress brands
Starlight Beds – Double Mattress. 7.5 Inch Deep
- DOUBLE MATTRESS: Product dimensions – 4ft6 x 6ft3, 135cm x 190cm and 19cm deep…
- DOUBLE MEMORY FIBRE MATTRESS: Hybrid mattress combining a European engineered spring…
- DEEP QUILTED COVER: Not only is this soft, cosy and kind to your skin, it also offers…
Summerby Sleep' No1. Coil Spring and Memory Foam Hybrid
- COIL SPRING HYBRID: The Summerby Sleep No. 1 Coil Hybrid Mattress combines memory…
- PRESSURE RELIEF: A supportive memory foam layer helps align the spine to reduce pressure…
- SOFT KNITTED COVER: Gentle and kind to your skin, Summerby's knitted cover feels…
Starlight Beds -Luxury Single Memory Foam and Spring
- FREE DELIVERY, SINGLE MATTRESS CONTAINS OPEN COIL SPRING WITH MEMORY FOAM
- Soft deep quilted sleeping surface. Contains spring interior with a layer of memory…
- Single memory foam mattress is suitable for cabin beds, bunk beds, divan beds, adults…
Emma Original DOUBLE Mattress 25 cm high | UK's Most
- UK's Most Awarded Mattress: Wake up feeling epic on the UK’s most-awarded mattress!…
- A Which? Best Buy 2018 and 2019: Maximum body adaptability through the optimized…
- Made in the UK: A mattress should be neither too soft or too hard, that is why we…
3FT Single Full Foam Mattress with Removable Cover
- Dimentions - 3FT Single Size: 90cm x 190cm x 10cm. Note: Vaccum Packed. Mattress…
- High Quality - Full foam mattress with Removable Cover, This Economy reflex foam…
- Perfect Foam Mattress - Conform to your body shape to relieve pressure points across…
Affiliate link: We are a participant of the Amazon Associates Program. If you buy a product through this link we might earn a small commission from Amazon at no extra charge for you.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
It’s always worth taking the time and effort to find the best mattress. Considering how much time we spend sleeping,
it makes sense to buy the best quality mattress that you afford, as the mattress you used will have a notable effect on other
parts of your life.
Of course, finding the right mattress can be very challenging, which is where this buying guide can help!
A short explanation: What are mattresses?
A mattress is a core component of a bed, being the soft rectangular pad that sits inside of the frame or on top of a
Made from various materials and fillings, a mattress offers support and comfort
when we sleep, while there are several size options to suit different needs.
This includes single, double, queen- and king-sized mattresses.
What are the benefits of good mattresses
A high quality mattress is a worthwhile investment for anyone. Without the right support or comfort, a mattress makes sleeping much more difficult so can cause fatigue, while it may even exacerbate current aches and pains around the body.
For example, an old lumpy mattress can cause serious back issues, highlighting the importance of replacing a mattress at least
every ten years. Similarly, mattresses are exposed to sweat, dust, and bacteria that make them less hygienic while possibly
causing allergy problems!
So, buying the best mattress for your needs is always worthwhile. You’ll sleep better so feel well-rested!
How to choose the best mattress in 2021?
Choosing the best mattress is challenging because there are so many factors to think about first! Here are some
of the things you should consider when looking for a new mattress:
- Spring or Foam: Spring mattresses are the most popular and offer good core support, while you can also choose different types of springs and tension suit your preferences. For example, a pocket spring is long-lasting so suitable for frequent use.
Foam mattresses have differing levels of density but are typically softer than spring mattress, while they are
a good choice for slated and adjustable beds. These mattresses are also good for people with allergies and back issues, offering the best support.
- Spring Tension: When choosing a spring mattress, you should think about the tension,
with softer tension being suitable for people that weigh less. Medium tension is usually a good choice for most, with enough support for people weighing between 8-16 stone.
- Sleep Position: How you sleep influences what type of mattress is best for your body. For example, side
sleepers should choose a softer spring to avoid pressure building on hip and shoulder joints, while front sleepers should look for more support to ensure the spine remains in the right position. Back sleepers need to find the right balance of tension, with the goal being to avoid a gap around the lower back.
Which type of mattresses are available to buy in the UK?
Here are some of the main types of mattresses available to buy:
- Spring Interior Mattress: Features metal springs that are sewn into the
upholstery that offer support; this is the most popular type of mattress sold. Things like the spring thickness, number of
coils and position of coils will influence the tension and general feel of the mattress.
- Foam Mattress: Made from several layers of foam materials,
foam mattresses are known to provide a lot more support than spring mattress as they mould around the body. Different levels of density are available to provide various comfort and support options.